Sunday, May 22, 2011

Drink your veggies

I have been eating more raw foods lately. Not that I am a raw food vegan by any means. I just think it is healthier to have a high percentage of plants in your diet. And raw plants tend to have higher nutrient content and think about all that good fiber. There is the added benefit that your stomach is satisfied without all the added calories and fat that often accompanies cooking. You can eat bushels of greens and not gain an ounce.

Anyway, my green smoothie of the day is a blend of cucumbers, broccoli, romaine lettuce, kale and spinach. I blended it up with a cup of Silk brand coconut milk and a bit of water. Yes, I drank the whole pitcher full and feel very full right now.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog by total chance and I am very impressed! Your meals are nutritionally complete and seemingly delicious - all I look for in a recipe. Im excited to read more.