Thursday, February 19, 2009

Broccoli Soup

Ok, I know it doesn't look like much but it did taste pretty darn good. I started with a hot pan and sautéed an onion and some garlic. Once the onions started to soften but not brown I added a ton of broccoli and covered it with water. All the while I was seasoning with salt and pepper. The broccoli was simmered until tender and then puréed with a little milk using my hand blender until smooth. I added a pat of butter to the soup for some extra creamyness and flavor. Nothing special but a pretty good way to get your veggies.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

It does look good and to me better than the typical broccoli soup! Very pretty presentation too Greg :-)

La Table De Nana said...

Greg..just ahd to tell you..I am certainly not an expert..but your photos are getting better and better:)

Greg said...

Oh, you are too an expert! Thanks. I just wish my soup was more green. I think I cooked the broccoli a little bit too long and my photo color saturation isn't the best.