Monday, May 26, 2008

Rhubarb salad?

You bet! This salad turned out so good. Actually it has a lot more than rhubarb in it, but that is the secret ingredient that makes this dish very interesting. I started by chopping two large stalks of freshly picked rhubarb. In went one small red onion diced along with about a cup of chopped fresh asparagus. About 1.5 cups of cooked leftover brown rice was tossed in along with one can of drained and rinsed great northern beans. The whole shebang was flavored with the juice of one lime and half a lemon, salt and pepper to taste (a lot of pepper) and a good dose (~3 tbsp) of extra virgin olive oil. I love the tanginess and texture of the rhubarb pieces as you crunch down on them.

3 comments:

test it comm said...

I never even thought about adding rhubarb to a salad. I will have to try.

Anonymous said...

This I have to try! Rhubarb season is in full swing in here in northern Wisconsin and it sounds like my kind of salad :)

Chimney Cleaning Anderson said...

Great read, thanks